- 1 pound spicy pork sausage
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 head green cabbage, chopped
- 1 (14-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup uncooked brown basmati rice
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
In large pot, cook the pork sausage with onion and garlic until browned.
Stir in green bell pepper and celery; cook and stir for 3 minutes longer.
Add all remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
Cover, reduce heat to low, then cook, stirring occasionally, until rice is tender, about 40-50 minutes.